Information Collection and Cookies
Cookies are small text files stored on your device when you access most websites.
Our site does not use persistent cookies stored on the user's machine. Session cookies are used which are temporarily held on the hosting server for the duration of the visit.
We use Google Analytics to help us understand how the site is being used. Google Analytics reports this information without identifying individual users. To control third party cookies, you can also adjust your browser settings.
We do not capture or store any personal information about individuals who access our site except where personal information is given voluntarily either via email, or by completing the form page on our website.
Personal data is used totally and solely for the purposes of the Candeo Vision (UK) Ltd to do business and will not be disclosed to any outside organisations without express permission.
The data consists of company name, country, email address, first name, last name and phone number.
Under the General Data Protection Regulations we rely on the following legal bases for processing your data:
- Consent – we will ask your consent for marketing to you via email or post. If you consent we can collect and process your data for this purpose.
- Contract – we sometimes need to collect and process your personal data in order to fulfil a contract with you, for example an order. We will also collect and process your data on this basis if you’ve asked us to provide a quote.
- Legal – we are obliged to process some personal data to comply with the law. If you place an order with us we must retain some personal data for at least six years to comply with the Sale of Goods Act 1982, Consumer Rights Act of 2015 and HMRC guidance.
- Legitimate interests – we collect and process some personal data to pursue our legitimate interests in a way you would reasonably expect as part of running our business; for example, to analyse information on our customers in order to provide new products or services.
Where we intend to use or otherwise process your personal data for a purpose other than the purpose for which it was collected, we will provide you with information regarding the purpose for the processing, as well as other relevant information, prior to processing your personal data for the new purpose.
We do not share your personal data with the following exceptions:
- As part of a corporate sale, merger, or acquisition, or other transfer of all or part of our assets including as part of a bankruptcy proceeding;
- Pursuant to a subpoena, court order, governmental inquiry, or other legal process or as otherwise required by law, or to protect our rights or the rights of third parties; or
- With your consent or as otherwise disclosed at the time of data collection or sharing.
Third-Party Links and Tools
The Site may provide links to third-party websites or apps, including our social media pages. We do not control the privacy practices of those websites or apps, and they are not covered by this privacy notice. You should review the privacy notices of other websites or apps that you use to learn about their data practices.
The Site may also include integrated social media tools or “plug-ins,” such as social networking tools offered by third parties. If you use these tools to share personal information or you otherwise interact with these features on the Site, those companies may collect information about you and may use and share such information in accordance with your account settings, including by sharing such information with the general public.
Your interactions with third-party companies and your use of their features are governed by the privacy notices of the companies that provide those features.
We encourage you to carefully read the privacy notices of any accounts you create and use.
Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to prevent unauthorised access.
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure content management system.
We use password protection and encryption to prevent unpermitted access to all personal data files.
We may also store manual copies of your personal information in a secure facility where access is restricted.
Transfers of Personal Data
The personal data we collect may be transferred to and maintained on servers or databases located outside your state, province, country, or other jurisdiction, where the privacy laws are as protective as those in your location.
You have a right to the following:
- To request access to the personal data we hold about you;
- To request that we rectify or erase your personal data;
- To request that we restrict or block the processing of your personal data;
- Under certain circumstances, to receive personal data about you that we store and transmit to another without hindrance from us, including requesting that we provide your personal data directly to another, i.e., a right to data portability; and
- Where we previously obtained your consent, to withdraw consent to processing your personal data.
To exercise these rights, contact us. See the “Contact” section below. Please be aware that CANDEO VISION may be unable to afford these rights to you under certain circumstances, such as if we are legally prevented from doing so.
Additionally, you have the right to lodge a complaint against us. To do so, contact the supervisory authority in your country of residence.
In the UK, this is the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) and their contact details can be found at https://ico.org.uk
We will process and store your personal data only for the period necessary to achieve the purpose of the storage, or as permitted by law. The criteria used to determine the period of storage of personal data is the respective statutory retention period or as set out in the ‘Information Use’ section of this document.
After expiration of that period, the corresponding data is routinely deleted, as long as it is no longer necessary for the fulfilment of a contract or the initiation of a contract.
When we transfer and receive certain types of sensitive information, such as financial information, we redirect visitors to a secure server.
To update your contact information or change your communication preferences, including to stop email, telephonic, or mail communications from us, please contact us through the methods provided in the “Contact” section below.
Changes to Our Privacy Notice
If our information practices change, we will post these changes on this page. We encourage you to visit this page periodically to learn of any updates.
The owner and data controller: Candeo Vision (UK) Limited, Aurillac Way, Retford, Nottinghamshire, DN22 7PX
Owner contact email: email@example.com